Against the background of the general decline of the entertainment industry, such segments as cybersport and gaming, each year is gaining momentum, increasing the reach, engagement, and quality of the target audience (the target audience is becoming older and more solvent).
The media write about gaming, mention it on thematic websites, talk about it on TV and YouTube, and cybersport finals gather a huge number of viewers. This shows the trend of computer games sport.
The rapid growth of the gaming and eSports industry in recent years has created a kind of vacuum in which there is a huge number of proposals on the market, but at the same time there is not a high demand for “in-game” digital marketing. This situation in the digital marketing market is caused solely by stereotypes about “large budgets for a game project”, “unjustified investment” and “excessive scale” of gaming.
In reality, this is far from being the case. Of course, expenses on complex game marketing will not pay off immediately, but cybersport is still developing. So there is still a market niche in gaming that needs to be filled.
Features of integrated marketing for eSports
Five features of integrated marketing can be distinguished:
- Audience (people aged 18-35 – 34%, under 18 – 24%).
- “The Brand Vacuum. Many companies still ignore cybersports, although the opportunities for brand marketing integration in this niche are the highest.
- High Conversion. To achieve it, you need to talk to gamers in their slang, using sarcasm and epatage.
- The influence of opinion leaders on gamers’ needs. Streamers are very selective in the products they advertise – the opinion of the audience from which they receive donations is more important to them.
- “An unploughed field” for marketers to conduct research and advertising experiments.
How to promote brands in eSports
Cybersport is an effective marketing tool to promote company brands, gaming sites, products and services. Digital marketing in gaming has its own characteristics, depending on the format of promotion:
- Cooperation with streamers, thematic channels and services;
- sponsorship contracts with teams and gamer tournaments;
- Creating your own team or holding a tournament under the name of the company brand.
Digital strategies for gaming and eSports projects from Tresor
Do you want to promote and develop your gaming project? The Tresor team will undertake comprehensive digital marketing, using its working strategies and marketing tools that are specifically designed for cybersports and the gaming sphere. We know how to find an approach and attract the attention of the target audience.
Cybersports are trending – don’t miss the opportunity to strengthen your business with competent and effective digital marketing.